Monday, August 29, 2011

On Beyonce Joining Our MILFEE Journey

     Last night viewers got a nice surprise after Beyonce's performance when she opened her jacket and divulged to the world that she and rapper Jay-Z, aka Shawn Carter, are expecting their first child.
     Seems like the entire world has been holding their breath waiting for one of the most powerful couples in American entertainment to conceive. Okay, well, maybe not the whole world, but definitely a lot of people in the hip hop community or fans of music in general. But, because I do like to think that she, and other young women who are becoming mothers are reading blogs like this for advice, I would like to offer a couple of things I've learned along my journey that have helped me maintain some of my sanity.
    
     Take the time now to not only enjoy the woman you are becoming as this life grows inside of you, but also take time to reflect on what you appreciated about the woman you are transitioning from. Remember her, and that she needs to remain some sort of a presence in your life for you to be a wonderful mother to your child(ren).
     Don't stress about the weight you may gain or any other changes your body goes through while you're pregnant. This is the one time in your life you can indulge guilt free to what you are craving. The baby is helping you gain it, and, if you choose to breastfeed, will also contribute to you losing it.  And the rest of your body will bounce back.
     Take this time to consult with women who have been where you are. I know for me this was kind of difficult because I felt like my situation was different, so other women wouldn't understand, but as the baby came I discovered that mother is a similar experience for all women, no matter age or financial status.
      Accept help. Short advice but some of the hardest to take because, I know for myself, I didn't want to feel like I was asking to much of people to pick up something I couldn't reach or if they could help me tie my shoe. I learned though that many people are will now, if not any other time before.
      Get plenty of rest, because once the baby comes, you won't do that for a while. If it doesn't get done TODAY and can be put off until tomorrow, let it be. Get your rest regardless of what anyone else says they need or would like to demand from you.

That's my advice. Enjoy and appreciate being pregnant because not only are you experiencing something that is unique only to a woman, but you are experiencing something many women, for whatever reason never get the chance to, or only get the chance to once in their lives. CONGRATULATIONS and wear becoming a mother with pride, because the confidence that remains after you've given birth is what the best thing you'll wear for a while. But hey, that's all the way MILFEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment